Care for Your Smile
Dr. Monika Barakat is known for creating beautiful smiles in Scottsdale and throughout the greater Phoenix area.
Here are her top orthodontic aftercare tips and tricks so you can keep your Opus1 Orthodontic Studio smile healthy and straight for a lifetime!
Clean the Right Way
- Brush after every meal and floss at least once a day.
- First, make sure you choose toothpaste that has fluoride.
- Second, do not rush through this process– take the time to brush the front and the back of each tooth.
- Brushing slowly also minimizes discomfort.
- When it comes to braces, you can’t be too diligent about proper dental care and routine cleanings.
- Failing to be consistent in healthy dental habits can lead to severe and sometimes permanent damage that could be avoided.
Eat With Care
The following is the standard list of foods to avoid with braces:
- Peanut brittle
- Lemons (pure lemon juice has acid)
- Corn on the cob
- Mexican style or Dorito-type chips
- Ice (even if you’re careful)
- Sticky candy
Remember: Regular dental care still matters! It is crucial that you still have your regularly scheduled 6-month dental cleaning and exams.
Your success depends on you maintaining impeccable oral hygiene.